« Home | Superfood: Soy » | Superfood: Walnuts » | Superfood: Yogurt » | Superfood: Black Tea » 

Saturday, April 01, 2006 

Tofu and Green Onion Scribbled Eggs

posted by Kamil


This is a very simple to make recipe thats delicious. And yes the eggs are scribbled and not scrambled; its the best and only way to make eggs!

Tofu and Green Onion Scribbled Eggs

1/3 of (14 oz) package firm pressed tofu
2 green onions chopped
2 eggs
Butter/Oil/Cooking Spray

Cut the tofu up into little cubes and place them on paper towel to absorb some of the water.

Heat pan with medium heat and grease it with your favorite greasing medium (I use butter, because you cant beat the taste of eggs with butter!).

Saute tofu until lightly browned and add green onions.

Crack the eggs into the pan and cook the whites, but do not break yolks. Once you have cooked the whites scribble the yolks all over the whites and tofu.

Add salt and pepper to taste (I had mine with Tomatillo Salsa - yum!)

About scribbled eggs:
I have eaten eggs for breakfast at 100's of different restaurants and perhaps at just at many peoples homes. I think most people ruin scrambled eggs by beating them in a bowl first, adding milk, and over cooking them.

The part I really enjoy about an egg is the yolk; as I am sure most people do! When I cook eggs I try to keep as much of the yolk goodness around, so rather than mixing it all together, I try to coat each piece of white, or any other thing I add, with yolk. Its like tricking your tongue into thinking you are eating nothing but yolk.

This style of egg is definately not for everyone, but for yolk lovers, I highly reccomend trying the scribbled eggs! Its simple: cook the whites first, dont break yolks, once all the whites are cooked, (you can let them settle or scramble immediately) you can then break the yolk. I like mine a bit runny, like the yolk from a sunny side up egg, but you can cook it a bit longer to get a more solid consistency.

What a great blog...I love tofu so I'm sure I'll try this recipe..It looks delicious!

Post a Comment